INDIANS UNITE AGAINST ANARCHY
A conscious attempt is being made lately to discourage the pride, the loyalty and the respect we have for our motherland and its constitution and we will not allow it. As an Indian, I am proud of my country. Our freedom fighters fought to free India from the shackles of the British, they fought for justice, for our rights and for our civil liberties. We have reached such a stage where people are undermining India’s strongest pillars, the army and the police. The time has come that we unite against the forces detrimental to the idea of India and undermine its sovereignty. We the people of India stand against anarchy, in support of the forces that unite India and keep us going.
This small #RejectAnarchy effort stands as proof that the dastardly attempts by the “revolutionary anarchic” leaders to subdue or tarnish the image of the armed forces will not succeed. India will not see a Tehrir Square, India will not become Syria.
Our system may not be perfect, but with an able and strong leadership at the helm, we shall soon overcome the problems and shine to the world once again as an example.
Today is an auspicious day for our country. On this day, 64 years ago, our nation received its voice. We spoke to the world, and we gave our collective conscience a face, the Constitution of India. We told the world that we are a Democratic Republic who stands for Equality, Justice, Fraternity and Liberty, and that shall forever represent India’s collective conscience.
Today, The current President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee, addressed the nation and gave us some gems to cherish and remember forever.
- Our security and armed forces, backed by the steel of popular support, have proved that they can crush an enemy within; with as much felicity as they guard our frontiers. Mavericks who question the integrity of our armed services are irresponsible and should find no place in public life. – President of India
- Government is not a charity shop. Populist anarchy cannot be a substitute for governance – President of India
- Equally dangerous is the rise of hypocrisy in public life. Elections do not give any person the licence to flirt with illusions. – President of India
- The aspirational young Indian will not forgive a betrayal of her future. Those in politics should understand that every election comes with a warning sign: perform, or perish. – President of India
- Give the young jobs and they will raise the villages and cities to 21st century standards. Give the young a chance and you will marvel at the India they can create. – President of India
Lets join hands in saluting the bravery, courage and sacrifice of our armed forces: Police, Army, Navy, Air Force and paramilitary forces and re-kindle our love for our country, and in the words of the President of India,
“We must re-discover that sense of national purpose and patriotism, which lifts the nation above and across the abyss; and back on to the road of prosperity.”
This is what our Constitution stands for and we are proud of it. No one, absolutely no one gets the right to disrespect it.
WE, THE PEOPLE OF INDIA, having solemnly resolved to constitute India into a SOVEREIGN SOCIALIST SECULAR DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC and to secure to all its citizens:
JUSTICE, social, economic and political;
LIBERTY, of thought, expression, belief, faith and worship;
EQUALITY of status and of opportunity;
and to promote among them all
FRATERNITY assuring the dignity of the individual and the unity and integrity of the Nation;
IN OUR CONSTITUENT ASSEMBLY this twenty-sixth day of November, 1949,DO HEREBY ADOPT, ENACT AND GIVE TO OURSELVES THIS CONSTITUTION.
Jai Hind !